Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Poems

Tiger Dance
Crouching, dancing, preparing for the pounce
Prowling, circling, not making one small sound
You see your prey, make music from within
Happiness for your kill
Happiness... the sweetest sin
Its your nature, so you are not ashamed
Pretend that you are not playing all these games
You are just the bucket
Filling up with rain.
Empty to Full
Regretting, soul-aching, all possibility gone and
Doubting, numbness creeping, no hope stage right;
Grasping for some/any life-affirming sign or
Entertaining some cousin of faith…
Heart-guarding, fearful, yet yearning for sunlight and
Seeking some Truth or just why I’m still here;
A small voice may whisper: “Connected,” but!
The fear of separation persists in dark hours…
Though I know better I indulge in despair and
That’s where you find me to reaffirm this:
I AM connected to the Sun, the Source; therefore-
God may refill me if/when She’s invited…
Warmth spreading, heart opening and
Beauty is everywhere -- light fills the room;
What was unknown before I now rejoice in:
I have the power to make words into flesh.
Radiating, Multiplying, Sending Love outward and
Creating, Transforming, Adding Joy to the World!
This power is limitless and can only do good, so
Worry not. Instead, let me show you my secret.
Change
There's air, there's heat, there's cold
There's skin and thoughts and hearts to mold
But through it all
Every battle falls
into place.
Empty space.
Everything needs to be filled up,
But everyone is changing and what can I trust
Anymore?
So many doors
To choose from.
I'm starting to shed like a snake growing fast.
New, like a baby born.
A new world, a new life starts to take form.
Visual Art
All these pages are so empty,
Like tangy fruit you thought would be sweet.
The pages tear away from you,
What could be of value in words?
What is so beautiful about the alphabet mixed together?
I myself cannot produce an acceptable answer to that question.
Sometimes I wish I could paint pictures;
Shapes instead of letters.
But this is my gift, that's what I've been told
And so I go on...
Eye Level
Dust to dust,
But prettier.
More like a sunset
curled up into a cloud,
right at your fingertips.

No comments:

Post a Comment